We all know losing weight can be very a daunting. My own weight loss journey was also difficult. In this article you will find a list of helpful tips, that should help you on your journey.
- Eat Fish
- Eat fatty fish like salmon. Salmon is incredibly healthy and very satisfying, keeping you full for many hours with relatively few calories. Salmon is also loaded with omega-3 fatty acids, which have been shown to help reduce inflammation, which is known to play a major role in obesity and metabolic disease. Mackerel, trout, sardines, herring and other types of fatty fish are also excellent.
- Use a Meal Delivery Service
- Prepare your meals in advance. You are more likely to eat healthier if your meals are already prepared. If you don’t want to carry around tupperware containers. Buy yourself some disposable containers instead. If you can’t prepare your meals consider a meal kit from Martha & Marley Spoon . I have compiled a list of the best meal prep delivery services you can choose from click here.
Stay away from empty calories
- Sugary drinks, juice, or even alcohol, is an easy way to sabotage your diet. One 20oz Pepsi contains 250 calories, which also includes a whopping 68 grams of sugar. According to the American Heart Association (AHA) Recommendation, the maximum amount of added sugars you should eat in a day are:
- Men: 150 calories per day (37.5 grams or 9 teaspoons)
- Women: 100 calories per day (25 grams or 6 teaspoons)
- As you can see above, you will blow throw your recommended sugar requirement with one drink. Have two, and it’ll take a 260-pound person, walking at a moderate pace of 2 mph, almost three hours on a treadmill to burn 500 calories. Drink plenty of water you can’t go wrong.